Wednesday 19 November 2014

Under 600 Calories: Quick Comfort Food #1

Hi everyone!

If you regularly read my blog, then you will know that I am on an ongoing mission to be healthy, get fit and lose weight.  I'm not actually sure how much I weigh, last time I checked I was technically obese, according to my GP anyway.  I'm 5"7 tall and a clothes size UK 18, I'm going to weigh myself soon, and I am aiming on being brave enough to actually put it on my blog, with some pictures, so I can see how much progress I will have made when I eventually get back down to a healthy size,  My sister lives in Egypt at the moment, and she will be coming home, either for good or for a visit in February, and I want her to be able to see a positive difference in me on her return.

A few years ago I lost 3 stone in about 2 months, everyone will know how unhealthy this is, and evidently I could not keep this weight off because I went about losing it in such a fast and unhealthy way, so unfortunately, about 2 and a half years later I have now gained back over 5 stone (like I said I have not weighed myself in some time and so I don't know exactly how much weight I have gained). And so now, I am aiming to lose enough weight to feel comfortable with myself, but most importantly to be healthy!!

I thought it might be a good idea to post some quick, low calorie meals that I enjoy and feel just naughty enough to get away with being called "comfort food."  This post is number 1 in this possible series.



Scrambled Cheese, Ham and Mushroom Omelette on Toast:

544 Calories.
(All calorie information is taken from MyFitnessPal).

2 x pieces of low calorie whole meal toasted bread.
1 x Laughing Cow light triangle.
1 x large piece of ham.
2 x medium mushrooms.
A sprinkle (literally just a sprinkle) of low fat grated cheddar.
2 x eggs.
A dash of milk.
Salt and pepper to taste.

This really is as simple as it seems.  Toast your bread and spread half a Laughing Cow triangle on each piece.

Crack your eggs into a jug, add a dash of milk, chopped mushrooms and ham and the sprinkling of cheese to the jug and whisk it up good and proper.

Spray a frying pan with low calorie oil spray (I use FryLight) and pour your mixture in.  Allow the bottom of the omelette to harden a bit and then take a spatula to scramble the omelette up!  Leave to cook but continue to scramble for about 6 minutes, or until it is all cooked through.

Place the scrambled omelette on top of your toast and season with salt and pepper to taste.

And then enjoy!!


Now this recipe is hardly rocket science, in fact, it's hardly a recipe.  But it is a quick meal and is under 600 calories, for me that's a winner!!

What are some good low calorie meals you enjoy?

Ciao for now x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Flower Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com