Monday 20 October 2014

Essence: Buy and Try.

Hiya everyone,

I know it's been a long time and I've been rubbish, but my computer broke.  However, now I am back and I have a post about Essence for ya!

Essence is a brand that has reached the UK this year, it has been big in Europe for a while and I would think the reason it is so popular is because of how much it costs.  When looking at the stand in my local Wilkinson's I couldn't see anything over £4, which is amazing!  But it does make me wonder about the quality, as often, when something is so inexpensive there is normally a reason for that!

The Essence stand that I went to didn't have a massive selection and to be honest they were out of stock on a lot of things, which shows they must be doing something right, and so I bought a few basic things to try.


(Essence XXL lipgloss in 4 I love pink; Get BIG Lashes Triple black mascara; Essence Quattro eyeshadows in Magenta and me; Essence Long Lasting eye pencil in Hot Scorch; Essence Stay Natural concealer in Soft Beige; Essence Soft and Natural long lasting make up in 02 Sand Beige and Essence Silky Touch Blush in Adorable.)

I used everything you see above as well as MAC Studio Fix ti powder, Soap and Glory Solar powder to bronze and Brow Archery for my brows.

The foundation is nice and light and does a good job at evening out skin tone, it is also quite moisturizing.  As the name suggests it gives a natural light finish, so if you like a fuller coverage this might not be for you.
The concealer is okay, but I would probably choose Collection's Lasting Finish concealer over this as it is only about a pound more expensive and lots better.
The blush is very pigmented, which is great and it looks pretty on the skin.  Use a lighter hand to apply this.
I used 3 out of the 4 eyeshadows in the quad, they feel quite nice and the pigmentation is alright. They are very good for the price.  As is the eyeliner and lipgloss.
However, the mascara is not brilliant, I didn't find it really did much to my lashes and I put a fair few coats on, for the price this is probably expected, however I have tried mascaras of the same price from Collection, MUA and NYC that worked a lot better.


This is what the products look like in action.  Over all, I don't think many bad things could be said about the products I bought just because they were so cheap, and I think that when I was at school and just starting to branch out in makeup this would have been right up my street, and so for young girls and beginners it's perfect.  Also if you didn't want to spend too much money on makeup it would also be amazing.
I think I would check out some more products from Essence in the future.
Also, I've had my hair chopped off, what do you think?

Ciao for now,


No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Flower Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com