Thursday 22 May 2014

Face of the Day "No makeup" Makeup look

Hiya!

Today's post is my "No makeup" makeup look!  This is what I do on those days that I want to wear makeup but not much of it.  I obviously do have plenty of days where I don't wear any makeup, today being one of them, but I do have those days where I want to wear makeup whilst still looking natural!

(Cover Girl Clean skin foundation in Buff Beige; Tanya Burr lip gloss in Let's Travel the World; Jordana Best Lash Extreme mascara; MAC Eyebrow pencil in Lingering; Real Techniques Buffing Brush; Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush; MAC Alluring Aquatic Blusher in Seduced at Sea; and Maybelline Age Rewind concealer).

Recently I have been putting my concealer on before my foundation, which isn't something I would normally do, but as I have been using this Maybelline concealer which is a treatment concealer, I find that it works better this way! I apply this under my eyes and on some dark patches that I get around my nose and mouth, blending it in with my Pointed Foundation Brush.
I then apply my Cover Girl foundation with my Buffing Brush from Real Techniques, I prefer this brush to the Expert Face Brush as I think it gives a more natural looking finish.  I am really liking this foundation at the moment, it feels lovely on my dry skin and seems to last all day too.  I was bought this as a gift from some friends who went on holiday to America, but I believe Max Factor is Cover Girl's sister company, so they might have something similar!
I then apply my MAC Seduced at Sea blusher, which I am in love with! It's such a beautiful colour, but unfortunately it was limited edition.  I use an Ecotools brush to do this, but forgot to picture this!
As always I use my MAC eyebrow pencil in Lingering to fill in my eyebrows.  This is something I think I will always repurchase!
For mascara I have found something that has replaced my L'oreal Miss Manga and that is the Jordana Best Lash Extreme mascara! I am in love with this!! It both volumises and lengthens amazingly!  You can't get this in the UK but I had a look on Ebay after hearing a few youtubers talk about it (Loey Lane and Lauren Curtis) and found a pack of 3 for just under £10 including packaging, and I am so glad I bought it, would recommend it 1,000,000 percent!
Finally I finished off by applying a coat of Tanya Burr's lipgloss in Let's Travel the World which is a lovely orange-based red.


I'm really liking this more natural look at the moment.  What do you think?



2 comments:

  1. I love natural looks like this! Tanya Burrs lipgloss is such a nice colour X

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) feels so much fresher!! I know she's released some lovely lipglossesxx

    ReplyDelete

Free Flower Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com