Tuesday 22 April 2014

Go to Spring/Summer face (base edition)

Hiya!
So this is the post that I had originally planned for today, my previous post from this afternoon was an extra!  This is going to be the first in a little series I have decided to do, which is my "Spring/Summer face," first thing is the base!


(Nivea Express Hydration Primer; Bourjois blush in shade 095; Clinique Age Defying BB Cream in shade 01; Soap and Glory Solar Powder; Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in shade 01 Fair; Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer in shade fair; and MAC Studio Fix powder in shade NC20).

After my usual skin care routine, I wait a few moments for my moisturiser and things to sink in and do their job, and then apply about a pea sized amount of the Nivea primer to my entire face, you really don't need much of this, a little goes a really long way! After a couple of minutes, I take my BB cream (I prefer a lighter coverage for this time of year and for every day use)  dot it around my face with my fingers and then buff it in with an Ecotools Complexion Perfecting brush until it is all nicely blended with no nasty tide marks, I also go back over with my fingers to make sure there are no brush marks or unblended parts.  I follow this up by applying the pinker shade from my Kick Ass concealer under my eyes, and use the more yellow shade on any blemishes, then go back under my eyes with my Collection concealer to brighten them up a bit and ensure the majority of the darkness is well covered! I blend this is using both my fingers and my foundation brush.  I then use a kabuki brush and the powder from my Kick Ass concealer to set this, following with my Studio Fix (which is a tiny bit too dark for me - I'm stupidly pale) using the same brush over my T-zone.  I then use a mixture of both shades from my bronzer to contour and bronze my face up a tad! At the moment I am loving two different blushers, the one I used today is a Bourjois blush in shade 095, which is a rosy colour, I bought this on recommendation from Gabby (VelvetGh0st) on youtube who said it was a good highstreet/drug store dupe for Benefit's Rockateur blush, I haven't tried this, but I do like this Bourjois one! I also like TopShop's Head over heels cream blush at the moment, which is a peachy/orange colour and is really pretty for the warmer weather. 



This is my full makeup from today. As you can see, it is a light coverage, but I do prefer this. You can still see some eye baggage (but not much compared to my barefacedness) and the scar and birthmark on my head are still visible, which doesn't really bother me too much.  This was quite soon after I applied my makeup.


And this is about 6 hours after, I think the primer really helps the makeup stay on, and I had been out in the drizzle for a bit too!

I like this as I think it gives quite a nice, natural finish!

Next I will post on my go to spring/summer look for my eyes!

Do you prefer a heavier or lighter coverage for the spring/summer?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Flower Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com