Thursday 27 March 2014

Schwarzkopf Blonde Ultime Xtra Light Cool Blonde: Review

Hi lovelies!

I dyed my hair last night using a Schwarzkopf box dye, it was the Blonde Ultime Xtra Light Cool Blonde (shade 12-1) which is one of the collaboration dyes from Schwarzkopf and Claudia Schiffer.

 My roots were noticeable and were on the verge of becoming too much!  I always dye my hair a light blonde colour, and being a poor student I can rarely afford to pay out the pounds it costs to have it done professionally, so enter the box dye!

The dye itself was simple enough, add the creme colour into the developer, give it a shake and apply.  It also came with one of those little conditioners, which is the norm for box dyes, but I rarely use these, I just shampoo twice and apply one of my own conditioners.

Here are the before pictures, but beware of the rootage!

 As you can see my mousy brown roots look a lot darker next to the blonde I dye it, and the tone had started to look a bit brassy, so it was obviously time to act!



The dye takes 45 minutes to develop and at first feels slightly itchy, which again is the norm for most box dyes (in my experience anyway!), but the itching stops within the first 5 to 10 minutes.
When it comes to washing it out, I have to admit that it took a bit more effort than usual for the water to run clear, but that isn't really much of a big deal, just slightly annoying and boring.

Here is the after effect, please excuse my makeup-less face, you will see that I am quite pale and red and have a habit of overplucking my eyebrows!
T
The dye left my hair soft and fluffy, but that is quite normal with most hair dyes.  I think that considering it is from a box and cost £6.99 it did quite a good job! My roots are no longer dark and my hair is now more of an icy light blonde rather than the yellow tone that it was before.  Over all I would definitely use this hair dye again!






 


1 comment:

Free Flower Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com