Friday 28 March 2014

March Favourites

Hi lovelies!

It is very nearly April, how fast has that gone?! And so it must be time for a monthly favourites post!  This is my first favourite post, and so I hope that it's okay!

(Bourjois liner feutre in Noir Moka; L'oreal Paris Miss Manga mascara; MAC amplified lipstick in Chatterbox; Simple skin care; Incubus by Carol Goodman).

Sorry  for the poor picture quality, I have misplaced the charger for my nice, proper camera and so have resorted to using a knackered iPhone for the time being.

Bourjois Liner Feutre in Noir Moka: If you read my last FOTD post you will see that I have taken to lining my upper lash line with brown liquid liner, this is a new thing, something I have only been doing for the past week or so, but I love it! I think it looks a bit different to the usual black line, and prettier too.  I found the formula of this quite quick to dry and non-smudge, but it came off easily with a bit of eye make up remover.  This is something that has made it's way in to my daily makeup routine.
L'oreal Paris Miss Manga mascara: This has been a favourite of mine for the past couple of months now, and as this is my first monthly favourites post I thought I should include it! This mascara was spoken about a lot on beauty blogs and youtube, so when Estee from EssieButton raved about it I thought I would give it a go, and I'm so glad I did! It gives my lashes length and volume and I just love it! It's easy to remove and long lasting! I just think it is great!
MAC Amplified lipstick in Chatterbox: This is also a relatively new purchase, but I have to say that I really like it! Like a lot of people I really do have a love of MAC lipsticks, I bought my first a few years ago in Creme Cup and never looked back! Though quite pricey at £15.00, I think they're worth it as the colour pay off is great and they last a long time. As you can see Chatterbox is quite a bright barbie-ish pink on the lips, but is a bit softer when swatched on skin, the formula is quite creamy and I don't find it drying, which I do with most raved about lip products (I'm talking to you Maybelline Baby Lips!!), I think it's perfect for Spring and am so glad I bought it!
Simple Skin Care: I received the moisturiser, cleanser and toner for Christmas and didn't really start using it until half way through February, but it has really worked wonders on my skin. My skin is quite dry and I suffer from psoriasis around my nose and hair line, so I can sometimes (especially in the colder months) look a bit scaly. I just feel that my skin is so much softer now and using these products before I put my makeup on in the morning, keeps my foundation from clinging to my dry patches, which has been a problem for me in the past.  I think that Simple's skin care range is amazing considering how cheap it is.  I will be repurchasing these once I run out anyway!
Incubus by Carol Goodman: I have read this book so many times.  It is the first book in the Fairewick Chronicles trilogy and I love it, it's definitely up there with my favourites (but nothing beats The Bell Jar!), and I have started to read it again. This isn't a ground breaking book, but if you like light hearted fantasy which is slightly Mills and Boon-esque than this book is definitely for you!

Anyway that is my favourites for this month!
Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Flower Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com